Why C programming
C is the most commonly used programming language for writing operating systems. Even the programming languages like Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby were all written in C. The primary design of C is to produce portable code while maintaining performance and minimizing CPU time, memory usage, disk I/O, etc.
- C was originally developed1972 and 1973 to make utilities running on Unix. Later, it was applied to re-implementing the kernel of the Unix operating system. During the 1980s, C gradually gained popularity. The UNIX operating system, the C compiler, and essentially all UNIX application programs have been written in C at Bell Labs by Dennis Ritchie between
Now C is used in :
- Biomedical devices
- Autonomous driving and automotive field.
- Aerospace industry
- Smart Homes, Smartphones, Smartwatches and even your own refrigerator.
- Operating Systems, Bootloaders and more other things …
When does it begin
1 March 2021
Where is it going
What is the duration
What do you need
Notebook or Desktop PC + Good internet connection
- Downloading and Installing tools and needed IDEs for getting ready.
- Introduction into C programming
- Understand the steps of compiling a program in C.
- Architecture type of OS and MCUs
- Preprocessor and linker
- Dig into data types and their size on different architectures.
- What is a variable , it use and memory representation
- pre and post increment
- Bitwise operations
- Math operations
- Understand the Decision making, and loops.
- if / else
- for / while / do while
- goto LABEL
- 1D, 2D and 3D arrays
- Strings and arrays
- Cycling trough arrays
- Pointer explanation
- Pointer to Pointer
- Memory allocation in C
- Building programs trough functions and parameters.
- Void functions and param. functions
- Recursive functions and their use
- Version system GIT
- Making first SW repo
- 2 player game
- Keyboard reading
- Game algorithm
- Meet the specific location of every type of variables stored in C.
- How variables are stored in memory
- Macro functions
- Free, malloc and realloc the memory in C.
- fopen, fclose, fseek, fsynk.
- Work with files
Execute one project in C based on learned thing in this course.
GUI or CMD project with storage database and multiple user input